HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HELD
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
• through our website;
• through communications with you, including letters, emails, telephone calls, facsimiles, surveys, competitions and via social media applications;
• through communications with others;
• in the course of providing our products and services to you, including providing support through our support service;
• in the course of our business functions and activities;
• through communication which we conduct such as email, microsites, surveys, competitions and customer feedback.
We hold Personal Information:
• in our hard copy files;
• in other systems that we use in connection with our business, some of which may be owned and operated by our suppliers;
• in the database associated with our website.
Providing it is lawful and practical, you have the option of not identifying yourself, using a pseudonym, or not providing Personal Information when you enter into a transaction or deal with us.
If you elect not to provide us with Personal Information then we may not be able to provide you with the information, products, services or support that you require.
We may receive other unsolicited Personal Information in the course of our business. We will deal with this unsolicited Personal Information in accordance with the applicable legislation.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
STORM FX will only collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
• pursuing our business activities and functions;
• allowing the technical support personnel to provide assistance to you if needed;
• facilitating transactions between you and us or between you and other people and organisations who are accessible via our website or any other electronic means;
• facilitating payment for the purchase of products or services through our website or otherwise.
• In this case, you may be directed to a third-party website (for example, PayPal) approved by the relevant financial institution to enter your credit/debit/charge card or other payment mechanism details;
• performing any of the features on our website, e.g. contact us or any other data collection form, conducting surveys, competition forms, mail outs, using social media;
• statistical analysis of the usage of our website or applications or tools that are accessed via the website;
• improving the quality or user experience of our website and our products and services;
• direct marketing;
• developing or adding additional products and services from us or existing or new people and organisations that are accessible via our website;
• training and quality assurance purposes;
• administrative purposes;
• allowing technical support personnel to manage our infrastructure, systems, databases other applications or tools.
If you have given us your consent to provide you with direct marketing communications we may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with that consent to enable us to provide you with information and/or offers for our products and services.
We will provide a simple means where you can cease receiving direct marketing communications. You may also request that we do not provide your Personal Information to any of our suppliers or business associates for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing communications.
If we use a third-party source to obtain Personal Information about you for the purpose of providing direct marketing communications to you, you may request that we disclose the source of that information. We will respond to any request made under this clause within a reasonable period and at no cost to you.
A cookie is a small piece of computer code which remains on your computer and contains information which helps us identify your browser. When you visit our website or applications and tools contained in them, a cookie may record information, such as your authentication details, to allow your user id to login. We use the information gathered by cookies for easier and faster use of our website by remembering your details for the next occasion you visit.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
STORM FX’s website may contain links to third-party websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you may be leaving the STORM FX website and entering another website. These websites may independently collect or request information about you and
When you visit STORM FX’s website we automatically log your IP address, your browser type and your access times. We utilise this information to conduct website performance evaluations, to see where visitors are coming from and to keep track of click data (the pages our users visit on our website). This data helps us determine what content our members find most appealing so that we can improve your use of our website.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you want to find out what Personal Information we hold for you or if you believe any of your Personal Information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading or it is not necessary for us to continue to hold it, you can contact us, and we will either provide you with access to the Personal Information (in so far as we are required to do so by law) or we will correct it, as applicable, within a reasonable period. We may make a reasonable charge for giving you access to your Personal Information, but we will not charge you for making the request, correcting Personal Information or making a statement as to why we are not correcting your Personal Information. you can contact us by email at: [email protected]mfx.com.au or by using the ‘contact us’ link on our website.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
Any complaint of breach of privacy may be made to: The Privacy Officer by phone or via email [email protected] We will use our best efforts to respond to any complaint within 10 business days of the date of receipt and we will attempt to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your complaint you may contact the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.