Designed from the ground up to meet the needs of the most demanding VFX texture and matte painting artists, MARI is a 3D digital paint tool that will revolutionise your workflow. Capable of handling vast numbers of pixels, MARI out performs all other paint tools in speed, flexibility and processing capabilities. MARI allows artists to concentrate on painting detailed, multi-layered textures directly onto 3D models in a fluid and natural way.
MARI 1.4 introduces Adobe® Photoshop® layered PSD import and export functionality, OpenColorIO, triplanar projection and masked filters. Designed to speed up workflows, standardise colour management, and be even easier to use and more flexible than ever before, MARI 1.4 is an ideal tool for every artist in your pipeline.
Originally developed to cope with one of the most ambitious VFX films of our time and enhanced for you by The Foundry, MARI is adept at scaling and will adapt to deliver on often unforeseen production requirements.
- Fast, efficient and capable of producing highest quality 3D results. MARI uses background data management that allows the artist to view the whole data set at once, enabling you to work in context, viewing and painting multiple models together in shot.
- Scalable, future proof, and capable of outperforming all other paint tools. MARI has datasets capable of handling super high-resolution textures and millions of polygons.
- Making your pipeline simple. MARI runs on Linux and supports Industry standard Python scripting and C API enabling an open interface for integration, automation and customisation, and Open ColorIO to standardise colour management.
- Intuitive, flexible, easy to learn and use. MARI offers a "paint and bake" approach designed and proven by artists, powerful image processing tools, customisable menu system and integration with Photoshop including new Adobe® Photoshop® layered PSD import/export.
- Production Proven. MARI has been central to some of the toughest and most demanding CGI projects of recent times, including: Avatar and District 9.