Explore concept designs and produce high-quality artwork with Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer drawing software. Designers and artists from all industries can utilise the unique hybrid paint and vector workflow to create design illustrations and graphic communications. Optimised for pen and mouse interaction, the intuitive user interface supports and enhances your freedom of expression.
Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer for AutoCAD® software - a version built specifically for AutoCAD® users - integrates illustration, painting, and manipulation capabilities directly into AutoCAD.
Sketchbook Designer 2013 FAQs100.03 KB
Key features & benefits
Unlike photo-editing or artistic painting applications, SketchBook Designer is a tool geared for creative exploration. It includes an advanced illustration toolset geared for tasks from freehand sketches and tight technical linework to compositing photo and image assets for graphic communication. Whether you are a freehand artist or using a standard mouse configuration, you can produce professional, high-quality artwork, quickly and easily.
- Express concept ideas quickly
- Create professional-quality design illustrations
- Sketch, mark up and annotate directly on top of AutoCAD® software content
- Manipulate and composite images to create quick variations when brainstorming or live iterations during concept reviews
Autodesk SketchBook Designer
- Intuitive UI - Designed to encourage creativity, SketchBook Designer offers a dynamic and scalable UI, which is optimised for both pen- and mouse-based interaction.
- Hybrid Paint/Vector Workflow* - Whether creating freehand sketches, tight technical linework, or compositing photo and image assets, the hybrid raster/vector environment allows lines to be edited at any time, providing users with a high degree of control and flexibility.
- Powerful Explorative Tools - With powerful tools for exploring shape variations, symmetric design, color variations, and compositions, SketchBook Designer is designed to offer maximum creative freedom.
Autodesk SketchBook Designerfor AutoCAD
This product is especially helpful for AutoCAD users who have a creative part of their job and require multiple products outside of AutoCAD to get their job done.
*Available for the stand-alone version only.
- Work Directly within Your AutoCAD - Enrich your AutoCAD workflows with integrated painting and image editing capabilities directly within AutoCAD, enhancing how you explore and communicate; without having to learn or use a separate illustration application.
- Communicate via Illustration Tools - Included are numerous painting tools so that AutoCAD users who need to integrate handwritten annotations can now communicate via illustrations versus only a DWGTM file. Included are marking menus, direct on-screen controls, and a collapsible window that lets users maximize screen real estate for increased productivity.
- Composite and Manipulate Images in Minutes - Use layers to compose multiple images together. Dynamically transform and manipulate content to create new variations.