V-Ray 2.0 now available for 3ds Max 2013 - update for free.
The Complete Rendering Solution
V-Ray for 3ds Max is the core development of Chaos Group, which allows users to quickly and easily create realistic images while giving them full control over the 3D production process.
V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max is a fast rendering solution, which combines the power of the distinguished V-Ray rendering engine with the flexibility and unprecedented speed of the interactive rendering system V-Ray RT, now running on GPUs.
The V-Ray rendering system has a rich set of features. Please be aware that every feature is a subject to change without advanced notice. Here are some of the key features of the new V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max.
- Efficient shading system optimized for ray-tracing - specially optimized shaders to improve render speeds
- Support for efficient material layering - Quickly render complex materials using the V-Ray Blend material
- Fast Sub-surface scattering shader - V-Ray FastSSS2 material uses a pre-pass to create fast and accurate subsurface scattering effects with support for both single and multiple scattering
- VRayCarPaintMtl - Create stunning car paint shaders complete with base, flake and coat layers. Full mapping support allows for amazing flexibility and a wide range of effects
- VRayDistanceTex texture - Use this procedurally generated texture to create a wide range of effects based on the distance between objects in the scene. The map is computed analytically without raytracing and can be used to drive other render-time effects like V-Ray fur and displacement mapping
- VRayMultiSubTex - Use this V-Ray specific texture to assign different textures based on object ID
- Dispersion - The new and improved V-Ray material comes with a complete support for light dispersion. This simple yet powerful feature allows you to create stunning close ups of refractive objects with caustics that dazzle the eye
- Physically accurate full global illumination solutions - Create accurate GI solutions using a combination of the provided global illumination methods.
- Physically accurate lights - Create realistic illumination using physically based lights, including IES lights and true area lights with support for texture mapping
- Directionality parameter forrectangle V-Ray lights - Turn the V-Ray rectangle light into a textured directional light with the new Directionality parameter
- Efficient illumination from HDR environments - Create accurate IBL solutions with sharp shadows at a fraction of the usual render times
- V-Ray Light Lister - Quickly set up and adjust complex lighting with the help of the new V-Ray Specific Light Lister
- Support for additional render elements - Have full control in compositing by separating the render into render elements
- VrayLightSelect Render Element - Become a master of lighting with the new VrayLightSelect feature and extract the contribution of each light to the scene or compose all the lights back together and change their intensity in real time in any compositing software
- Ultimate resolution of any issues caused by Distributed Rendering - The new VRayDRBucket render element enables you to identify which render slave rendered each bucket in the final scene
- VRayExposureControl plug-in - Proper exposure of regular viewport and camera views, including orthographic views
- VRayLensEffect render effect - Simulate the inherent imperfections of real world cameras by adding a full range of bloom and glare effects complete with light dispersion and obstacle mapping
- V-Ray Lens Analysis Tool - Quickly create realistic (measured) distortion patterns for your V-Ray Physical Cameras. With the help of the V-Ray Lens Analysis tool you can easily match the distortion of your real world and your virtual cameras
- Depth of field with bokeh effects - Create fast and accurate physically based depth of field effects using the V-Ray Physical camera
- Accurate motion blur - Efficient and accurate physically based true 3D motion blur effects using the V-Ray Physical camera
- Stereoscopic setup - Use the VRayStereoRig helper to quickly set up stereoscopic images and animations. In addition, the built in support for shade maps allows for much faster rendering of Depth of Field and Motion Blur effects with or without stereoscopy
- Bidirectional Path Tracing (BPT) - This state of the art technology allows you to create accurate unbiased light solutions with caustics so sharp that they are dangerous to look at
- Dynamic loading of tiled OpenEXR - Load tiled OpenEXRs on the fly with the help of the new and improved VRayHDRI texture
- On-demand geometryloading fromthe disk - Use V-Ray Proxy to render millions of polygons at maximum memory efficiency by storing the geometry on the hard drive
- Displacement mapping - Precisely control the displacement on a per object basis with the V-Ray Displacement modifier
- Three different image sampling methods - Fast anti-aliasing engines to fit any case and requirements.